The President of Poland, Andrzej Duda, in Act of the 22nd November 2017, granted a historic monument status to the church complex in Radruz, Poland. The official nomination took place on the 23rd November in the Presidential Palace in Warsaw.
St. Paraskevia Church in Radruz – a Gothic, wooden church located in the village of Radruz from the sixteenth-century, which together with different Greek Catholic churches is designated as part of the UNESCO Wooden Greek Catholic Churches of the Carpathian region in Poland and Ukraine.
The church belongs to the oldest and best kept wooden sacramental architecture Greek Catholic churches in Poland. Part of the prestigious World Monuments Fund (WMF) list of buildings worthy of preservation and financial sponsorship.
The church is located on an oval hill, by the Radruzka stream, and together with the bell tower is surrounded by a wall (existent from 1825), with a fortification structure. The church’s structure is constructed out of a fir and oak framework. The church was most likely funded by legate to Sejm (Parliament), and starosta Jan Plaza (died 1599). While being used for sacramental services, the church was also used as a fortress against the invasions by the Tatars.